Thursday, March 22, 2007

In Case You Hadn't Heard...



The Grand Canyon Skywalk, the new glass observation deck at the Grand Canyon and centerpiece of the Hualapai tribe's economic future, opened yesterday. Although I, among other VIPs, was invited, I was unable to attend the event. Former astronaut Buzz Aldrin, there in my place, had this to say to Arizona Republic reporters:

Aldrin, who was paid a speaker's fee, said the experience was wonderful but no moonwalk. "It really doesn't compare that much to walking in space," he said. "Not exactly like floating on air, but a wonderful vision. A vision of hope for the future."


Come on Buzz. Fine job you've done in my stead. Everybody knows (I invite everyone to comment with their support) that the Grand Canyon is a far better trip than the moon. Just check out the pictures and news report from AZCentral.com (linked on the side of the page, the images at CNet, and the artistic rendition of the Skywalk.

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

I heard a commentator arguing on Fox News yesterday that he thought that the Grand Canyon was created by an asteroid. I mean, seriously?