Sunday, March 4, 2007

Hot Digs


I get to Santiago, and a cab driver who has my generous host's key picks me up with a sign that says "ALESHAI." At first, I'm thinking "alicia?" He must have been disappointed, because a manly-looking guy like myself is no Alicia. But in retrospect, I think he was thinking "ALE-Shai." And I can't agree more! Beer me.

And beer me, they have. Chileans drink. A lot. With every meal it seems. As an appetizer prior to lunch (and I mean prior, no food until you down that pisco sour), with a meal, and after a meal. Start it off early and keep it going until late.

But I couldn't have been better welcomed than by the amazing place my host resides in. My living space for the last week has been quite nice. This is just one picture. Here's a link to more, complete with some great views of the city's financial district, mountains and sunsets.

1 comment:

Mrs. B said...

that pool is le awesome. nice job on the accommodations.