Thursday, April 19, 2007

Vive Latino

You've probably heard that a momentous occasion is coming this April. Rage Against the Machine will reunite. This one time only. I love Rage. Hot.


And the whole Coachella line-up is something to be annoyed about. Decemberists, Arctic Monkeys, Arcade Fire, Ghostface, Kaiser Chiefs, Chilli Peppers, the Roots, Damien Rice, Kanye. Seriously people. This has really got my goat. Why? Can't go. Why? Because. Because I said so. I've been to Coachella before. Weezer and Coldplay (among plenty of others) rocked the casbah. But please. That'll be nothing compared to this line-up.


All this, not to mention that I'll be missing the likes of Ozomatli, Bright Eyes, and Modest Mouse, all playing in Phoenix in the coming weeks. So I had to take action.


Last weekend, I did, attending the Vive Latino music festival in Santiago (which interestingly headlined a very un-Latino band, Keane). I had a blast and got to know some great bands, which I hope to introduce to here. First up, Los Tres, right out of my temporary home here in Concepcion, Chile.


Sidenote: Vive Latino was like a mini-Coachella minus food and drink sales and with a self-pump sink system. Not a terribly good situation. But the music, and the Argentinian company, was good.

No comments: